Monday, February 18, 2013

  1.  
    I ONE DOVE 'MADDAH!' 
     
    I am fostering these fledgling doves that blew out their nest on Saturday.
    I don't know if they'll make it, if I'm doing things right, except for keeping them clean and warm. I'm making formula for them with protein shake, baby rice cereal, water, egg yolk and walnuts. 

    Seeing these little cuties reminds me of a story my friend, Marianne, told me.  Her brother used to love to wade in the stream near their home on Maui.  One time he caught a crayfish and put it in a gallon bottle to keep. To his surprise, the crayfish had babies while in his care.  Thrilled beyond measure, he ran up to his Mother and exclaimed, "Ma, look!  My crayfish had babies!  I one 'faddah' crayfish!'
    I don't have much affinity for fresh water shrimp, so I guess I'm happy to be one dove 'maddah!'

No comments: